Financial executive/CPA with extensive business experience in public accounting, publicly traded organizations, emerging start-ups, and investor owned organizations. Expertise in understanding business drivers and maximizing the strengths of individuals to create a motivated and successful professional team. I have served in critical roles during an entity’s infancy and also during a financial turnaround. Broad experience in acquisitions and divestitures as well as day to day management of a finance and administration team.
- Developed a clear and concise business model that can be easily communicated, measured, and understood by investors, managers, and employees for an emerging regional insurance broker.
- Led the divestiture of a major portfolio company that yielded $220MM in transaction value. Major responsibilities included drafting the Confidential Offering Memorandum, point person for investment bankers, and working with outside counsel on drafting the Purchase/Sale agreement.
- Served as the Corporate Designee during a civil litigation lawsuit which was successfully mediated in our favor.
- Sat on each portfolio company's board and management committee.
- Restructured the relationship with a foreign subsidiary moving it to a licensee relationship removing the capital risk while maintaining a presence in a foreign market.
- Led the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains across six portfolio companies.
- Negotiated both term debt and operating facilities with three different commercial banking relationships.
- CPA – State of Missouri
- Situational Leadership
- 1994-1998 – Bachelor of Science, Accounting. – University of Missouri Kansas City, Bloch School of Business