Cacy Saffery, AIC, CPCU
Director of South Region
Cacy’s experience in the construction industry spans a 30 year period including residential, commercial and industrial. He has served as construction manager of a Dallas based turn-key restoration firm handling mitigation and reconstruction projects including multi-family, residential and commercial projects in the Dallas Fort Worth area and New Orleans Louisiana following the 2005 Hurricane Katrina. Additionally, Cacy has served as Senior Project Manager for a Resort Development Company managing development projects including multi-story condominium, central utility facilities, support buildings and resort attractions including Indoor waterparks at resorts across the country. Initially trained as a property adjuster by State Farm Insurance in 1999 and most recently served as National Property General Adjuster for a commercial insurance carrier handling large complex losses including hospitality, restaurants, shopping malls, high-rise commercial buildings, industrial and wood forest products manufacturing facilities.
Cacy has extensive experience with Alternative Dispute Resolution and has served as an impartial and unbiased appraiser and umpire on numerous disputed matters. Such cases include but are not limited to residential and commercial property damage claims as a result of Fire, Water, Wind/Hail and Construction Defect. He also has extensive knowledge on the appraisal process and continues his expertise with yielding fair and reasonable results. Cacy also has experience and serves as an expert witness in the Property and Casualty Insurance legal cases.
Cacy also possesses a strong understanding of the Commercial Insurance loss adjustment process holding a Designation of Associate in Claims (AIC) and a Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU). Cacy’s professional services include consulting in initial damage assessment, mitigation management, scope preparation, construction management, invoice assurance, inventory contents review, and vital document recovery management.
- Consulted, Adjusted or Rebuilt Industrial and Commercial loss projects resulting from Major Hurricane, Tornadic and Flood events since 1998.
- Building Collapse – Sioux Falls, SD
Consulted on downtown Sioux Falls building collapse.
- Hardin Simmons University – Abilene, TX
Consulted on hail damages to Hardin Simmons University in 2014.
- Danville Flooding 2018 – Danville, VA
Consulted on flood losses throughout the city of Danville.
- Tulsa Tornados 2017 – Tulsa, OK
Consulted on multiple commercial projects suffering tornadic damages.
- Columbia Flooding 2015 – Columbia, SC
Consulted on flood losses throughout the city of Columbia.
- The Villages Resort and Waterpark – Tyler, TX
Senior Project Manager.
- 2009 to 2013 – Amtrust North America – National General Adjuster
- 2006 to 2009 – Silverleaf Resorts – Senior Project Manager
- 2004 to 2006 – Restoration Specialists LLC – Construction Manager
- 1999 to 2004 – State Farm Insurance – Commercial Adjuster
- Xactimate Certified
- Associate in Claims (AIC)
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- Licensed Adjuster in multiple states
- Texas Tech University – Bachelor of Arts Geography