Senior Building Consultant
Jeff Arreguy is a Senior Building Consultant with more than 12 years in the insurance restoration industry and 10 years of hands on field experience as an adjuster, project manager, estimator, and consultant for both personal line claims, large commercial claims, and complex mold remediation projects. Jeff’s experience offers a thorough understanding of construction components and various methods. From having worked building apartments during summer vacations from college, to being a part owner of telecom interconnect company in Southern California, Jeff has been able to witness and participate in many areas of the construction industry. His extensive experience involved regular consultation and direct management of water and fire damage mitigation, mold remediation, and full reconstruction of a wide array of building types. He has also participated in training adjusters and others in estimating. Jeff’s professional services include initial damage assessment, scope preparation, inventory contents review, invoice assurance, construction management.
2012 Hurricane Sandy – 15 Self-Storage FacilitiesJeff successfully consulted on a large commercial property claim for a major insurance carrier involving 15 self-storage facilities with over 1.25 million sq. ft. of space in the greater New York City metropolitan area. This loss included properties in both New York and New Jersey that had wind and flood damage from Hurricane Sandy, and the loss was public adjuster represented.
Project highlights include:
- Most buildings were decades old with considerable wear and tear, and had previous usage before they were converted to storage facilities, so attention to detail regarding storm damage versus wear and tear was difficult and vital.
- Jeff helped to set the cost reserves with the adjuster at the beginning of the claim that were accurate and did not change in the 10 months the claim was handled.
- Jeff coordinated multiple meetings at the various properties with structural engineers, roof engineers, elevator experts, and contractors along with the insured’s public adjuster and architect.
- Jeff’s meticulous attention to detail on this project helped the insurance carrier to settle this claim for $5MM with a savings of $25MM from what the public adjuster was asking for.
2011 Joplin Tornado – Freeman Hospital & Health SystemsJeff successfully helped consult on this large commercial loss due to the massive tornado that went through Joplin, Missouri in May 2011. With the other hospital in the town completely destroyed from the tornado, the quick assessment and prioritization of damages to the Freeman Hospital and its 63 other health care buildings in the area was key in making sure that their patients were taken care of, the facilities were safe, and the insurance carrier could make fair payments in an expedited fashion.
2013 Hail Storm – Minneapolis, MN – Property Management (Multiple Properties)Jeff successfully helped consult on this large commercial loss to 14 properties from a hail storm in August 2013. These properties belonged to a large developer/property manager in the area with one of the properties being a 537,000 sq. ft. shopping mall. Jeff worked with 4 different property managers, 3 different maintenance workers, 1 engineer, and 12 different contractors in order to assess the damage and come to agreement on costs. After exactly 2 months the total claim settled on a number that was within $2,000 of Jeff’s original estimate that was used for the reserve cost 6 weeks prior ($1.34MM).
- 2010 to Present – RMC Senior Building Consultant
- 2004 to 2010 – Large Loss General Adjuster – Farmers Insurance
- 2001 to 2004 – Independent Adjuster - Wardlaw Claims Service
- Haag Certified Roof Inspector – Commercial and Residential
- WRT Certification (Water Damage Restoration Technician)
- ASD Certification (Applied Structural Drying Technician)
- Advanced Xactimate Training
- Previous adjusting licenses in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina,
- South Carolina, Kentucky, Delaware, New Hampshire, Connecticut, California, and New Mexico
- California Earthquake Authority Adjuster Certification & Trainer
- Farmers Insurance - General Adjuster School
- Vale West - Certified Professional Estimator Certification
- 1993-1995 – University of California at Berkeley, Bachelor of Arts - Human Biodynamics (Pre-Med)
- 1994 – Case Western Reserve University Medical School, Cleveland, Ohio, - Internship for Prospective Minority Medical Students
- 1990-1992 – United States Military Academy, West Point, New York - Systems Engineering Major, Aviation Branch