Building Consultant (All Levels)
Los Angeles, CA or San Diego, CA | Full Time
The role of a Building Consultant promotes and provides construction consulting services for property failures, damages, or defects. This position is responsible for scheduling site visits, communicating with clients, performing thorough property inspections, and providing detailed estimates and reports for complex commercial and high-net worth residential properties.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in the restoration, construction, or insurance fields. This position requires strong, analytical estimating and writing skills. The desired candidate will be responsible for negotiating repair costs for property losses in a timely manner.
In this role, you will:
- Interact with clients and key project representatives including insurance carriers, adjusters, risk managers, legal teams, and the clientele they represent.
- Perform field inspections and necessary site visits to evaluate scope of work/damage.
- Provide cost estimates for projects using Xactimate, CoreLogic or RS Means.
- Review and analyze schedules, contracts, change orders, correspondence, daily reports, meeting minutes, monthly reports, and any
additional documents relating to a project.
- Maintain documentation, job files and other relevant deliverables.
- Provide verbal and written reporting on project findings as indicated by the client.
- Assist with client-facing activities including meetings, CE classes and other association or sponsored events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We are looking for people who possess the following:
- Experience working in the restoration, construction, or insurance fields, with responsibilities related to scheduling, project management and estimating.
- Bachelor’s degree or industry-related credentials and certifications (IICRC, RRO, PMP, etc.)
- Proficiency in working with Xactimate, CoreLogic or RS Means.
- Proficiency in working with the Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ethical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- The ability to meet deadlines and multi-task.
- The ability to travel.
- A valid driver’s license and a clear 5-year driving record.
Outstanding Benefits, Outstanding Company!
RMC Group has an outstanding benefit offering for employees and their families. We understand that a happy employee creates a happy environment for everyone. Our benefits include:
- 100% employer-paid health for employee-only coverage
- 100% employer-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Open PTO Policy
- 401(k) with company matching contributions
- Company credit card
- Company-issued iPhone
Up to $135,000.00 plus incentives.
The actual salary for this position will be determined by several factors, including the scope, complexity, and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials, and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
RMC Group provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender or transsexual status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, military status, veteran status, or status in any other group protected by Federal, State, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, lay-off, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits, and training.
Please complete the form below to be considered for this position.